This page describes the management of the website www.xtramagazine.it, owned by Design Diffusion World Srl, as regards processing of the personal data of users that visit it. This information is provided in pursuance of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and particularly of the articles 12-23 of the same regulation. The information provided only applies to www.xtramagazine.it and does not concern any other website that may be visited by users via external links.
Data controller and place where data is processed
The data controller is Design Diffusion World Srl, in the person of its pro tempore legal representative. The processing operations are carried out at the office of the data controller and at the office of designated external subjects.
Data are collected in the data center of the web hosting Netgate snc that processes them in compliance with European laws.
Visiting this website
Users voluntary transmit their personal data filling in specific forms (e.g. the form to subscribe to the newsletter). For each single form the user is informed on the purposes for which data is collected. The user can visit the website without leaving any personal data disabling cookies following the procedure described in the specific section.
Data provided voluntarily by users
Sending e-mails to the email addresses mentioned on this website entails acquisition of the sender’s address, which is necessary in order to reply to any request, as well as of such additional personal data as are contained in the message. Users’ personal data are processed if:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes and only in relation to the purposes for which consent has been given
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract
Categories of processed data
Personal and navigation data. “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier.
Navigation data. The information systems and software procedures relied upon to operate this website acquire personal data as part of their standard functioning; the transmission of such data is an inherent feature of Internet communication protocols. Such information is not collected in order to relate it to identified data subjects, however it might allow user identification per se after being processed and matched with data held by third parties. This data category includes IP addresses and/or the domain names of the computers used by any user connecting with this website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the requested resources, the time of such requests, the method used for submitting a given request to the server, returned file size, a numerical code relating to server response status (successfully performed, error, etc.), and other parameters related to the user’s operating system and computer environment.
Data processing: purposes
Personal data collected via www.xtramagazine.it is used:
- to send the newsletter;
- to fill in forms collecting data to request estimates and/or contacts and/or send job applications;
- for administration/accounting activities in general;
- to answer to contact request and send the required information
- to handle the user’s requests
In pursuance with the laws concerning the protection of personal data, data processing for administrative and accounting purposes are those related to organizational, administrative, financial and accounting activities regardless of the nature of data processed. In particular, internal organizational activities, those following contractual obligations’ fulfillment and information activities are related to these purposes.
The personal data provided by filling in data collection forms present on websites or data collection forms in general (e.g. name, surname, e-mail address) will be used, upon consent, by the data controller and the data processors for commercial communications and newsletters via e-mail.
Recipients of personal data
Personal data collected by the website may be accessed by individuals involved in the organization of the website (e.g. administrative, commercial, marketing staff, lawyers, system administrators) or external subjects (e.g. third party technical service providers, mail couriers, hosting providers, computing companies, communication agencies) from time to time appointed, if needed, as data processors in accordance with Article 4(8) of EU GDPR, which defines the “data processor” as a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
In any case, the updated list of data processors may be required by any user as described in the section concerning the rights of the user (i.e. by sending an e-mail to email@example.com).
Except for the aforementioned cases, personal data are not communicated to third parties unless:
- the user has given his/her consent to communication;
- communication is necessary to provide the service or product required by the user;
- communication is necessary to third parties working with Diffusion World Srl to provide the service or product required by the user (in this case only the data fundamental for service or product provision shall be communicated and it is forbidden to use the same data for different purposes);
- it is required by law.
Personal data is processed in an automated and manual form, with the means and tools to guarantee maximum security and confidentiality, by persons authorized to do so in compliance with the requirements of Articles 13-14 of the GDPR. Personal data will be processed and stored for no longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which it has been collected.
In particular, regarding:
– Newsletter: the data will be processed for sending newsletters. This means that they will be processed until the time when Design Diffusion World Srl decides to interrupt the information activity by sending newsletters or until the user decides to unsubscribe him/herself from the newsletter.
– Requests for information: for the time necessary to provide the information requested by the user.
The personal data of users in any case for which a specific consent was issued will be retained until the revocation of consent and in any case for the retention period imposed by law or by the order of an authority.
Under the Applicable Law, users are entitled at any time to obtain confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning them and be informed of its contents and origin, verify its accuracy, or else request that such data be supplemented, updated or rectified. They are also entitled to request cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed in violation of the law, and to oppose its processing in any case and for legitimate reasons. Finally, users are entitled to obtain a list of external processors appointed by the Company. To exercise their rights, or receive any other information or clarification about this information, users can contact Design Diffusion World Srl at the following address: 20135 Milano, via Lucano 3; or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Right of access
The user shall have the right to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations;
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
Where personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organization, the data subject shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Article 46 relating to the transfer.
Design Diffusion World Srl specifies that:
It does not disclose personal data of users to international organizations or third countries. The data subject is entitled at any time to request that his/her personal data be rectified or deleted as described in the appropriate section (i.e. sending an e-mail to email@example.com). Personal data is not processed with totally automated means, the consent of the user who enters it in the forms provided on the website is always necessary.
Right to rectification and right to erasure
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the rectification of inaccurate personal data and the erasure of personal data. For the exercise of this right it is possible to send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. The controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay pursuant to Article 17 of the EU Regulation.
Right to restriction of processing
The data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
- the data subject has objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
Design Diffusion World Srl specifies that:
The processing of personal data may only occur after obtaining the user’s specific consent and only for the purposes explicitly laid down from time to time at the moment of collection of personal data. Where the data subject decides to exercise his/her right to restriction of processing, he/she shall send a written request to email@example.com.
Right to lodge a complaint
The data subject shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
What are cookies?
The so-called “Cookies” are packets of information sent by a web server (e.g. the site) to the user’s Internet browser, automatically stored on the computer by the latter and automatically sent back to the server each time the site is accessed. When browsing a website, the user could also receive on his/her device cookies from other sites or web servers (so called “third-party cookies”): this is because the site may include elements such as images, maps, sounds, specific links to web pages of other domains on different servers. In other words, these are cookies set by a different website than the one you are currently visiting.
By default, almost all web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies.
Typically cookies can be installed:
- directly by the owner and / or manager of the website (so-called first-party cookies). through these cookies, the Company collects and processes some personal data concerning the user;
- by managers unrelated to the website visited by the user (so-called third-party cookies). Unless otherwise specified, please note that these cookies fall under the direct and exclusive responsibility of the same operator. Further information on privacy and their use can be found on the website of the operator.
This website may use, also in combination, the following types of cookies classified according to the indications of the Garante Privacy and the Opinions issued in the European context by the former Article 29 Working Party:
- Session cookies: they are not stored permanently on the user’s computer and are deleted by closing the browser, they are strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers necessary to allow safe and efficient exploration of the site avoiding the use of other information techniques that are potentially detrimental to the confidentiality of users’ browsing.
- Persistent cookies: they are saved on the hard drive of the computer until they expire or are deleted by users/visitors. Through persistent cookies visitors who access the site (or any other users who use the same computer) are automatically recognized at every visit. Visitors can set their browser to accept/refuse all cookies or to send a notice whenever a cookie is offered, so that they can decide whether to accept it or not. The user is allowed, however, to change the default settings and disable cookies (i.e. to block them definitely), by setting the highest security level.
- Technical cookies: they are used to authenticate your identity, use multimedia content such as Flash Player, or select the browsing language. In general, therefore, it is not necessary to obtain prior informed consent from the user. For this reason, functionality cookies are often persistent cookies, because they remain stored on your computer even after the browser is closed until their expiration date or until you decide to delete them. This category also includes cookies that are used to statistically analyze access/visits to a website, only if they are exclusively used for statistical purposes and by collecting information in aggregate form. Browsing cookies are normally session cookies and, therefore, they turn off automatically once you close your browser navigation.
- Non-technical cookies: they are used for profiling and marketing purposes. Their use on users’ devices is forbidden if users have not first been adequately informed, and have not given their valid consent using the opt-in technique. These types of cookies are, in turn, grouped according to the functions they perform, as follows:
- Analytics. These cookies are used to collect and analyze statistical data regarding access/visits to the website. In some cases, combined with other data such as credentials entered to access restricted areas (e-mail address and password), they may be used to profile the user (personal habits, visited sites, downloaded content, types of interactions, etc.). The analytics cookies of this Site are third-party cookies, as they are not directly conveyed by the Controller but by third parties. Therefore, they are not installed directly by the Company but by third parties.
- Widgets. This category includes all the graphic components of a program’s user interface aimed at facilitating the user’s interaction with the program itself. For example, the cookies of Facebook, Google+ and Twitter are widgets.
- Advertising. This category includes cookies used to advertise on a website. Google, Tradedoubler belong to this category.
- Web beacons. This category includes code fragments that enable a website to transfer or collect data by requesting a graphical image. Websites may use them for various purposes, such as analyzing use of the websites, monitoring and reporting on advertisements, personalizing advertisements and content.
The cookies present on xtra.com
· Technical cookies that do not require consent
The Company will install on the user’s device and, in particular, in the browser, or will allow third parties to install some cookies to acquire or let our partners acquire statistical information in anonymous and aggregate form about the user’s browsing activity on the pages of the site.
Cookie name: Typo 3
Category: first-party technical, navigation, session, functionality cookie
Purpose: it makes the website work
The user is free to block the installation of technical cookies by changing his/her browser settings (see section “How can I disable cookies?” to find out how to do this). Please note, however, that by blocking the installation of technical cookies, or by deleting them afterwards, the ability to use some or all the Site, to enable and disable certain functions and to receive specific services may be completely or partially jeopardized.
- Cookies that require consent
A. Monitoring or “analytics” cookies
The following third-party analytics cookies are installed on the Site only with the user’s prior consent because they are not rendered anonymous, which means that these third parties can access the disaggregated analytics data at the level of the IP address (third parties, in other words, could hypothetically use these cookies to determine your identity through IP address).
Cookie name: Google Analytics
Category: third-party analytics cookie, permanent
Link to the disclosure / Opt-out instructions
- Targeting cookies
Targeting cookies are used to create a user profile, as based on the preferences and tastes expressed while navigating on the Internet, and to display advertisements consistent with the user profile. As a result, the advertisements seen on our Site will be more interesting. Targeting cookies are installed by third parties acting in their capacity as independent data controllers (third-party cookies). Below is a list of the third-party targeting cookies currently in use on the Site, along with the link to the disclosure pages created by their developers:
Cookie name: Facebook
Category: third-party targeting cookie, permanent
Link to the disclosure: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
Cookie name: Youtube
Category: third-party targeting cookie, permanent
Link to the disclosure: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=it
How to manage cookies and block their usage
There are several options for managing, disabling and deleting cookies.
(1) Change your browser settings
Follow the instructions provided by the producer of the browser to discover how to manage, disable or delete all cookies (technical, analytics and targeting):
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/196955/it
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?locale=it_IT&viewlocale=en_US
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
Blocking the reception of all cookies, including technical ones, without providing a specific exception for the Site, may prevent the user from navigating on the Site or using some or all of its features. In addition, deleting all cookies from the browser could also remove technical cookies as well and, as a result, could remove the preferences set for the Site.
(2) Use interactive tools supplied by the third parties
To disable third-party cookies, consult the privacy disclosures of the third parties installing analytics cookies (see section A, above, Monitoring or “analytics” cookies) or targeting cookies (see section B, above, Targeting cookies) to learn about the other tools available to manage, disable or delete the cookies, and to prevent their use in general. Remember that by disabling third-party cookies, (i) the user blocks their use not just on the Site, but also on every other website that uses those specific cookies, and (ii) the possibility to navigate on the Site and to use its features will not be affected in any way. When third-party cookies are disabled the user will still see the banner about cookies on the home page. In this case, however, by closing the banner, scrolling down the home page or clicking on any home page element outside the banner, he/she will not receive any of the third-party cookies properly disabled.
How can I disable cookies?
The user can always choose whether to accept cookies or not. If the user does not want his/her computer to receive and store cookies, he/she is allowed to change the security settings of the browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari etc). There are several ways to manage cookies and other tracking technologies. Changing the settings of the browser, it is possible to accept/refuse all cookies or to receive a notice before accepting a cookie offered by a website. It is possible to delete all the cookies in cookies folder of the browser. Each browser features different procedures to manage the settings.
Click on the following links to obtain specific instructions:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
At the top, right, select the ‘Tools’ button, and then select ‘Internet options’. Select the ‘Privacy’ tab and change the settings for your cookies, otherwise use the link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
At the top right, click the ‘Customize and control’ icon and select ‘Settings’. Then select ‘Advanced’ and change the ‘Privacy and security’ settings. Here you can change the settings for your cookies, otherwise use the link https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&p=cpn_cookies
From the drop-down menu at the top right choose ‘Options’, then select the ‘Privacy & Security’ panel. Here you can change the settings for your cookies, otherwise use the link http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html
From the drop-down Safari menu at the top right click ‘Preferences’, then ‘Privacy’. Here you can change the settings for your cookies, otherwise use the link http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html
How to disable Flash cookies
Click the following link to change the settings of Flash cookies http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html#118539
To disable analytics cookies and prevent browsing data from being used by Google Analytics, download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
The Company collects and processes some personal data of the user through cookies it conveys directly on the Site (first-party cookies). The Company acts as data controller, in compliance with the previsions of the Applicable Law. The Company will process the user’s data only by electronic means, in a totally automated way and without human mediation. Therefore, the employees and collaborators of the Company will never access the user’s personal data obtained through cookies. Some employees and collaborators of the Company, appointed to process the data, may perform maintenance of the IT systems hosting the user’s data, without ever being able to access their actual content.